Hey y’all! *blows dust off the blog*
So much has been going on. I’ll try to summarize.
- Lailah is 9 months old. What the heck? How did we get here? Her personality is feisty. She got my hangry gene. Poor baby. She’s trying to crawl now. Her bottom teeth are pushing through. At her doctor’s appointment yesterday, the doctor noted that her top front teeth are trying to erupt. We were so focused on the bottoms, we didn’t even see the tops!
- I got a promotion at work. However, with us being down people, I really can’t enjoy it. 4 people just came back from a mandatory home office visit, so hopefully they can start receiving claims.
- because it’s so crazy, I am on stay-cation next week. I could feel myself about to go DEFCON on someone, so I knew I had to take the days. I just need to make it through this week.
- emotional eating has been kicking my azz. We will not discuss the amount of Ben & Jerry’s, cookies, or anything else I’ve eaten over the past few weeks. Just know that that’s why I look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow (Wo)Man in all my pics.
- One of my eFriends is on a challenge, issued by her doc. In addition to specific food choices, she has to try to get 30 minutes of exercise every day for the next 7 days. Given the bullet point above, I decided to join her. I need this weight loss to happen.
- I know cold turkey won’t work well for me, so I’m not following her diet plan to a T (read: I’mma still eat occasional cookies. But I did change my Sbux order from grande to tall). I am trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies. I won’t even tell you how much I spent at Harris Teeter on fruits, veggies and frozen fruits for smoothies. But WalMart veggies leave something to be desired.
- The Boy is back. He is currently known as The Boy because of some shullbit he pulled before his return, costing US $212 for a new plane ticket. I’m mad just thinking about it. One of my eFriends said we should make him move cinder blocks back and forth like the Jacksons had to do. So tempting. As she is fond of saying, “blended families ain’t for the faint of heart.” She ain’t neva lied.
- Lailah is really attached right now. I read that is common at this age. She screamed bloody murder when the doctor took her from HH yesterday. When we’re at home, she’s more attached to me. She could spend the whole day with HH, but the minute I come in from work, she wants me and if I don’t get her she has a breakdown. I think this hurts HH’s feelings a bit. He looks a little sad as he’s handing her over. I’ve assured him that in a couple of years she will be a Daddy’s Girl and then my feelings will be hurt. LOL
- As far as my weight loss, I have to do it carefully, because Lailah is still breast feeding. I’m excited that we’ve made it to the 9 month mark. When she bit me a few weeks ago, in my head I heard New Edition singing “Is This The End.” I sent a frantic text to a fellow breast feeding mommy, and she told me what to do to correct that behavior. So far, we are back on track.
- HH gets an extra week of vacation starting in 2015. Yay! Maybe we can go on a trip.
What’s new with you?