Happy Tuesday, folks!
- Starbucks seems to have removed those evil, 390 calorie, snowman cookies. It’s safe for me to roll in there for a egg white wrap again. LOL!
- I finally got my hands on a copy of the January issue of Endurance Magazine! There is a photo of myself and HH, as well as me with my friends Rachelle and Lavonda. Love those girls! It remind me of the excitement of last year’s triathlon, and make me even more excited f this year’s race, and the possibility of becoming a TIFL mentor.
- I have not been to the gym since Friday. This cold has me sidetracked. Thankfully, it appears to just be a head cold, and not the flu. It’s in that annoying post nasal drip stage. I had to leave out of a meeting at work yesterday to blow my nose. *facepalm*
- Yesterday I fried up some turkey and Italian chicken sausage and added it to spaghetti sauce, along with red, yellow and green bell peppers. CH asked me why I was cutting the casing off the chicken sausage, and I informed him that it was made from pork. Then he went on a (playful) rant asking why we didn’t tell him before that there was pork in Jiffy cornbread. LOL! He and HH went grocery shopping on 1/1, and HH must’ve told him. But HH didn’t know until i told him a couple of weeks ago. I guess we haven’t discussed it because we haven’t eaten cornbread since he’s been here, except for last week when HH found a brand without lard. That kid is a trip. But I enjoyed our chat while I was fixing dinner.
- I found a 3 bean turkey chili recipe that I’m going to modify with veggie crumbles, and put in the Crock Pot for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday. HH always says I cook the good stuff when he’s not here, so I’m saving this one for him. I did a search and found that veggie/soy crumbles should be ok in the Crock Pot.
- I can’t wait to attend the Honda Battle of the Bands!
- I (apparently) set off the carbon monoxide detector this morning when I came back in the house after starting my car with the garage door open. Only I didn’t know. CH came home and the alarm was going off and he thought it was the security alarm, so he says he checked all the rooms for robbers. Really? How about exit the house?!? LOL! I feel new grays sprouting. He eventually figured out what it was.
- I’ve got to get to a dermatologist soon. Before I went on my FB hiatus, I asked for suggestions and several women agreed on a doctor down in Matthews. I need to make sure he takes my insurance.
- I’m trying to make a more conscious effort to increase fruit and veggie intake, and also to just be more aware of what I’m eating. I’ve taken a break from MFP tracking, for now.
- It is allegedly going to be 72 degrees on Saturday! If that truly is the case, I may need to go for a bike ride.