Hey peeps! Sorry I haven’t been blogging much. I definitely do not have room for much more right now.
- CH arrived safe and sound last night around 10:00pm. Let the step-parenting begin! As you know, I have no children of my own…nieces and nephews are only partial preparation. LOL! Instead of focusing on the changes to my lifestyle and schedule, I am framing it as the chance to have a positive affect on a young adult’s life. We shall see how this pans out over the next 3 years.
- Ortho surgeon consult pending. My MRI showed a focal defect in the cartilage of my knee. Apparently some folks can function smoothly and have no issues, but I think it’s safe to say that ain’t me. LOL! I may or may not need surgery. I’ll know more after my consult.
- Sunday was the Ramblin’ Rose Tri in Rock Hill. I had such a good time volunteering! I am really psyched for our race in September. If I’m unable to do it I’m going to be really sad.
- at this point, Tri training continues. Now that session 1 is done, they can focus solely on us session 2 athletes. So our swim practice has been extended to 2 hours each session. Pray for me. LOL
- PT continues for my knee, 2x per week.
- I have not cracked that CPCU book in a minute. I need to hop to it.
- my friend Rashad gets married in September. I ain’t bought nary a ticket nor booked my hotel. Why did I agree to be in this again? I said no more weddings. Him and his fiancé tag teamed me. I felt like I couldn’t say no. This is the last one! I mean it. LOL
- HH’s sister also gets married in September…at a critical time in my Tri training. Did I mention there’s too much going on?
- We are still up in the air with wedding plans. I feel like, fluck it. I’m good with the JOP. HH is still on a savings plan and says he can save the $ and he thinks I deserve to have one. I’ve told him at this point my deciding factor is whether or not I need surgery. If I do, it’s a no go. All my resources will be allocated to med bills. Sigh. I have a friend who is an event planner who is looking up info on non-traditional venues in Charlotte, which SHOULD be cheaper. I just haven’t really and much focus to apply to this. My concern is our family unit – me, HH and CH. the wedding is so far in the back of my head right now.
So, like I said, there’s no more room on my list for anything else to be going on. What’s new with you guys? If you’re a lurker, stop by the comments and say hello. I’d love to meet the
6 people who are reading my little blog. 😆