This is my 7th week at the new job. It might be a little early to form an opinion, but I’m going to go ahead and say that I really like this position, and I really like this company!
Maybe I just lucked out, especially in terms of my unit leader. It was meant for me to be here. I could’ve given up after they chose someone else for the first position, but I tried again. And now I’m here.
Here are some of the things that have made me happy thus far:
- Signed up to participate in a focus group on leveraging social media in claims investigations – we haven’t had the meeting yet, but my supervisor asked for volunteers. At the time, I had no claims, and I knew my teammates had a lot going on, so I went ahed and volunteered.
- My unit leader has taken his time with reassigning files to me. We currently have three different software systems (due to acquisitions), so it has been challenging in that regard. I appreciate his approach.
- My unit leader sits with me to go through the files I am given from other units. I love this because he can see the condition of the files, and he can set expectations as to how he/the company want things done. And let me tell you, I’ve gotten some jacked up files. LOL
- Everyone is pretty darn friendly. I went around the office and met them all on my first day. Of course, I don’t remember their names, but they remember mine and always speak.
- During week 5, I participated in mandatory negotiation training. Nothing major. We were given the facts of different cases and asked to say what we thought was wrong and what should have been done. I was an active participant. After the training, my UL sent me an email thanking me for my active participation. He said he knows it can be a daunting experience to be called upon to offer analysis and insight, especially in a group setting as a new employee. He told me I did a great job analyzing the problem assigned and identifying the issues. The best part? He CC’d HIS manager, as an FYI.
- I spend most of my day reviewing transferred files. Due to his schedule, my UL can’t always sit with me, which is fine. I’m a “work independently” kind of gal. If I have questions, I’ll ask. I’ve done some file reviews without his assistance. This morning, he came to my desk to say that he’d just reviewed one of my files and wanted me to know I did an excellent job with my documentation and that it was exactly what he’s looking for. He is never shy with the positive feedback. I love it!
Definitely liking this situation, infinitely better than my last job. Let’s hope it stays this way!