So…the wedding planning has not really kicked in, beyond basic ideas and plans. So far we know the following:
- we’re getting married in our hometown
- we’re trying to keep it at 100 people
- the estimated budget is $5-7K
- we’re trying to do this without incurring debt
- I’m not wearing a traditional wedding gown, and he’s not wearing a tux
- my brothers are walking me down the aisle
- my oldest brother will have DJ duties
- one of his sisters said she’s buying our cake for us, lol
- the ceremony and reception will take place in the same venue
- we’re not having a boatload of bridesmaids and groomsmen. Maybe one person to stand up for each of us.
After that? I don’t know. I haven’t really had a chance to sit down and do anything else since we got engaged on 3/29. It’s hard to pick a venue in a city you don’t live in. Of course, I have my mom and a couple of his sisters have offered to help as well. My BFF is up there, too…she probably knows me the best and will most likely be tasked with looking at venues for me (she volunteered for this, I didn’t mandate it. LOL)
My BFF who lives in D.C. has already jumped on the task of finding shops up there for me to shop for my lehenga choli (that’s Indian wedding attire consisting of a short jacket, long skirt, and wrap). I’ve been posting pics on Instagram and Twitter of styles and colors. I’ll make my final decision when I head up to DC and see the dresses in person. You can order online, but I don’t want to chance it, and end up with something crazy.
For the married folks: how did your wedding planning go? Did your hubby give much input? What would you do differently (if anything)?